Looking for some help or inspiration on what to do after IDS?
During Skills Week at IDS join some recently graduated IDS Alumni who are willing to share personal advice and guidance on careers post-IDS.
We invite all IDS Students to join us during one of the two sessions during professional skills week to talk to alumni about their experience of life after IDS.
Alumni are not expert career advisers and will be responding to your questions based on their personal experience. Student facilitators will lead the sessions through a Question and Answer format. In order to get the best from the sessions do consider your questions carefully in advance.
Remember to add your details to the sign-up sheet, which is where you will also find the zoom links.
Session 1 - 19th of January 2021 - 14.00 - 15.00
1. Cynthia Williams, MA Development Studies 2017-2018. Belize. Executive Director, National Women’s Commission.
2. Ahmed ElAssal, MA Governance, Development & Public Policy 2016-2017. Egypt. Regional Senior Advisor, Oxfam IBIS.
3. Johanna Braun, MA Development Studies 2017-2018. Eschborn, Germany. Advisor for Digital in Global Project “Agropolicy Advisor and Innovation Fund”, GIZ.
4. Angela Yessenia Pajuelo Villon, MA Governance Development & Public Policy 2018-2019. Peru. Articulation Consultant, Ministerio de Educacion on del Peru-Minedu.
5. Sofia Castro Guerrero, MA Power, Participation & Social Change 2018-2019. Mexico City, Mexico. Presidenta Consejo Consultivo de Mujeres en Movimiento en Movimiento Ciudadano.
Facilitator: Joshua Okoduwa
Session 2 - 21 January 2021 - 11.00 - 12.00
1. Avni Mishra, MSC Climate Change Policy & Development 2018-2019. Delhi, India. Consultant, United Nations.
2. Ujjwal Krishna, MA Development Studies 2017-2018. Melbourne, Australia. PhD Researcher and Consultant.
3. Adama Njie, MA Gender & Development 2017-2018. Banjul, Gambia. Gender Specialist, UNCD.
4. Florencia Rieiro, MA Development Studies 2016-2017. Buenos Aires, Argentina. Independent WASH Consultant.
Facilitator: Samirah Bello